[Netarchivesuite-curator] KB/SB NAS update for July to September

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Mon Sep 14 17:39:50 CEST 2015

Dear all,
Here is what we worked on at Netarchive, July to September.

  *   Broad crawl: Last week we finished the first step of our 3rd broad crawl (limit 10 MB)
  *   Event crawls:
     *   We finished the event crawl on the parliamentary elections in the end of June, but continued harvesting Social Media profils connected to this event crawl.
     *   Last week we started a new event crawl on the Eurpean refugee crisis, that is to say mainly social media activities connected to the Danish handling of refugees.
     *   We are preparing an event crawl on the referendum on the Danish opt out on rules for political asylum etc.
  *   Fulltext search: Colleagues from the IT department at SB have experimented with image search – some of the curators at KB/SB have seen a demonstration: it looks quite exiting.
  *   Harvest problems: We had problems with both our broad and selective crawls in July. We almost did not harvest anything for about one week.
  *   Access policy and strategy: We started working on this issue.
  *   Newspaper paywalls: We have problems with harvesting content behind paywalls. We need IP validation access, because we have not enough technical ressources to implement other solutions. We are now  focusing on paywalls:
     *   Can Netarchive offer to pay for possible expenses for the implementation of IP validation
  *   Curator-seminar, held in September: How do we want Netarchive to be in 5 years, 10 years? What is realistic?
Best,
Sabine

Sabine Schostag
Web curator
THE NETARCHIVE
[cid:image001.png at 01CFE4A6.C9C92360]STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Victor Albecks Vej 1
8000 AARHUS C
DENMARK
VAT NO. 1010 0682