[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for November

Pérez Morillo, Mar mar.perez at bne.es
Fri Nov 27 15:18:31 CET 2015

Dear all,
                Many thanks to the French team for your update. Congratulations! Very useful information.
                Trying to follow your example, we plan to send a monthly update, starting by the end of the year. But I try to summarize now what we’ve been doing recently.
                Thanks to the agreement with the public entity Red.es, the BNE purchased new servers what allowed us to install a new NAS environment.
                As many of you probably know, the BnF shared with the BNE its BCWeb software (we call it CWeb), that we have been adapting to our system, needs and language. We have been testing it in a pilot environment. It’s ready now to start working with the collection of General Elections of December 20th.
Our team of web curators from the regional libraries attended a conference at the BNE for training on the management of web collections in CWeb and on QA. We plan to give them access to a development environment of CWeb for them to test the system, by the end of January 2016. As we want to preserve so far our brand new CWeb and NAS installation to run the General Elections crawl, the regional web curators are sending their proposals of seeds for this purpose on an Excel file shared through Google Drive.
                We are sending you some screenshots of CWeb and more data about the results of the crawl with our next update.
                The BNE wants to thank the BnF most warmly for sharing this application that is going to be so important in the development of our web archiving project, as part of the non-print legal deposit in Spain.
                Best,

Mar Pérez Morillo
Jefe del Área de Gestión del Depósito de las Publicaciones en Línea
Dirección de Biblioteca Digital y Sistemas de Información
Tfno.: 91 516 89 92
Biblioteca Nacional de España