[Netarchivesuite-curator] May update from KB/SB

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue May 12 10:51:41 CEST 2015

Dear all.

Hereby a brief update on recent Netarchive activities:

·         Paraliamentary elections event crawl: the longer the prime minister waits with announcing the coming parliamentary elections the better we can prepare for the crawl. At the moment we are intensifying the preparation of crawling Facebook profiles (we both will crawl the web versions and the mobile versions – with the mobile version we can capture the comments) and twitter profiles.

·         Potential new event crawl: Aarhus is going to be cultural capital in 2017. A researcher proposed an event crawl. We monitor the living web: will there be enough extra activity that justifies an event crawl?

·         Statistics: We have two statistic working groups: one for the ISO statistics and one for the 10th anniversary statistics. Namely the last one is preparing material which is suitable for posters (graphical presentation)

Best,
Sabine