[Netarchivesuite-curator] Monthly update from Netarchive

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jan 6 11:05:45 CET 2015

Happy New Year to all of you! [cid:image002.jpg at 01D029A0.B8284F20] <http://www.google.dk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoderndayredneck.blogspot.com%2F2011_11_01_archive.html&ei=WqWrVPzCJIepyQOr74L4Cg&bvm=bv.82001339,d.bGQ&psig=AFQjCNHPUW0IGxqtdZRGh0jX2hlxdcPG3A&ust=1420621491497151>

Since our last meeting  Netarchive was more or less business as usual.

We have started our event  harvest on the parliamentary elections 2015: we harvest from  17 domains once a week. The electoral campaigns have started while we are waiting for the announcement of the electoral date.

We keep our eyes and ears open, maybe we might have another event harvest soon: a memorandum on the Danish EU salvo

The ongoing migration of our documentation of the selective crawls generates many fruitful discussions

A preliminary report on the broad crawl analysis looks interesting, now we await the final report.
Some statistics:
Total size of Netarchive: 544 TB – (growth in 2014: 107 TB)
We are harvesting 1.089.137 active (living) domains

Best,
Sabine

Sabine Schostag
Web curator
THE NETARCHIVE
[cid:image005.png at 01D029A0.AD3DD080] STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Victor Albecks Vej 1
8000 AARHUS C
DENMARK
VAT NO. 1010 0682