[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for August

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Mon Aug 10 18:09:26 CEST 2015

Hello all,

At the beginning of July, we welcomed Ariane Bouchard to the team. She is
assisting Sophie on the subject of ebooks. Besides the deposit workflow,
she is especially in charge of the ebooks that are harvested in the web
crawls. On one hand, she has to build a coherent harvest about the ebook
market in France in partnership with the rest of the Legal Deposit
department and probably other departments of the library (we already
collect a lot of documents and websites on this subject but it has been
done quite randomly till now). On the other hand, she will be studying our
web archive to establish a picture of the ebooks we already have: which
formats? Are the historic formats represented (LIT, MOBI, etc.)? On which
kind of websites? What should we do with these ebooks (cataloguing,
specific indexing, etc.)? A whole new world of possibilities!
Best regards,
The BnF legal deposit team

Exposition  Piaf  - du 14 avril 2015 au 23 août 2015 - BnF - François-Mitterrand |  Derniers jours Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.