[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for April

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Thu Apr 2 17:39:16 CEST 2015

Hello all,

In March, we launched a selective crawl with the frequency "twice a year".
In total, 1,600 domains will be captured in less than one month. The
majority of the sites cover literature and cinema. For this crawl, we have
asked the content librarians to read carefully all BCWeb records that have
not been updated since 2011. We regularly have to encourage the librarians
to review their records: in fact, it is more common for them to add new
records than to remove old ones that may no longer be relevant.

There are several changes in the BnF team in April. Clément has left for
his new post at the  ISSN International Centre, and Benoît Tuleu, deputy
director of the legal deposit department, will be in charge of the service
during the interim period. Géraldine will soon be going on maternity leave
for several months, and the other members of the team will be taking on
her projects during this period. Finally, Imad, the developer who has
worked on several projects for us in recent years and in particular BCWeb,
has also left to take on a new opportunity elsewhere.

Peter and Sara will be at the IIPC General Assembly at the end of the
month, we hope to see some of you there.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

Exposition  François I er , pouvoir et image  - du 24 mars 2015 au 21 juin 2015 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.