[Netarchivesuite-curator] Status update Netarchive

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Sep 17 15:13:22 CEST 2013

Dear all.

The following is an overview of Netarchive’s activities during the summer months (you will also find it on our wiki:

·         We started our third broad crawl for 2013 in the beginning of September

·         We upgraded our test environment to NAS 4.2. It works fine. When the broad crawl is finished, we plan to upgrade the production system from NAS 4.0 to 4.2?

·         We are working on improving our documentation, not only for to facilitate the curators work, but also on demand of the researchers. We are testing how much of our documentation could be incorporated in NAS, among other by creating extended fields on both the domain level and the harvest definition level.

·         Our greatest barrier for to give access to our archive is the Danish personal data protection law. In a pilot project we extracted a corpus from our archive and screened it for personal data (especially for civil registration numbers). We both used automatic and manual screening.

·         We intensified our work with capturing content behind pay walls from news sites

Best,
Sabine
SABINE SCHOSTAG
BIBLIOTEKAR - WEBKURATOR
DIREKTE 8946 2148
[cid:image001.png at 01CEB3B8.7327DDF0]STATSBIBLIOTEKET
VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C
CVR/SE 1010 0682 – EAN 579800079108