[Netarchivesuite-curator] Absolute last minute Netarchive update for April ; o)

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Wed May 1 09:51:15 CEST 2013

Hi all.

Since the end of March we had our main focus on an event crawl of one of the biggest lockouts of Danish history: all Danish school Teachers had been locked out since 1st of April.  This event had a rather big impact on Danish society. As school children could not come to school, the parents had to take care of them. Some had the possibility to take their children to their work place, others took on holidays. Our government has just passed a law, which finished the lockout.

One of the big issues in the event crawl was harvesting YouTube videos, still a kind of manually process. Our documentation of the procedure and the tool used is not finished, we will put it on the wiki, when we are ready for that.

Furthermore we have finished our first broad crawl for 2013 for a couple of weeks ago. We harvested about 30 TB.  Next week we are going to start our next brad crawl, this time with WARC.

Best,
Sabine

SABINE SCHOSTAG
BIBLIOTEKAR - WEBKURATOR
DIREKTE 8946 2148
[cid:image001.png at 01CE4651.6BD5EBC0]STATSBIBLIOTEKET
VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C
CVR/SE 1010 0682 – EAN 579800079108