[Netarchivesuite-curator] ONB update for March

Mayr Michaela michaela.mayr at onb.ac.at
Tue Mar 26 13:59:44 CET 2013

Dear all,

·         We started our domain crawl with 1.4 mio. seeds mid february. Stage 1 with a budget of 10MB per domain has been completed. Before we start stage 2 we will get new hardware (crawler machines).

·         In 2013 we have a strong focus on politics. We created a new collection including websites from government, administration, political parties, blogs etc. In September parliamentary elections will take place, additionally we have a couple of regional elections.

·         We have a first case where we have to delete data from our webarchive. Last year we imported legacy data from 1997/98 into the webarchive. Legal deposit for online media in in place since 2009. A user requested deletion of his data (from 1997). We are now developing a workflow for the deletion process.

Best Regards

Michaela