[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for July

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Tue Jul 9 10:38:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

Collecting subscription press content has been identified as a priority by
the BnF, and since January 2013 we have performed a daily crawl of
subscription based press websites, based on login and password. The
project concerns currently five titles, which have been chosen to be
representative of the national and local press edition. It already
represents 0.25 Tb in the 2013 collections.

Each title has required discussions with the publisher and a technical
study to develop special scripts and Heritrix profiles. Due to the complex
configurations, we almost need a robot by title. If we are to expand the
project to include many more titles we will need to find a way of limiting
the number of crawlers used.

Finally, we're going to experiment with a new access with records in the
BnF's catalogue to promote these archives - this is the first time the Web
archives have been included in the main BnF catalogue. We will also have a
special section in our Wayback machine.

One last point, please note that Géraldine has changed her name, she is
now Géraldine Camile and her email address is geraldine.camile at bnf.fr.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

Exposition  Guy Debord, un art de la guerre  - du 27 mars au 13 juillet 2013 - BnF - François-Mitterrand / Grande Galerie Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.