[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for January

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Mon Jan 14 15:43:03 CET 2013

Dear all.

Also the Netarchive team wishes you all the best for the year 2013 and we are also looking forward to an ongoing fruitful cooperation with BNF and ONB teams.

Now our non technical update for the last month:

We successfully finished our fourth broad crawl for 2012 in the beginning of January. The crawl lasted 57 days, we harvested 29.139.586.007.781 Bytes / 692.387.251 objects.

Our script for downloading videos from YouTube does not work any more, we have to find a solution.

Another big challenge are the news sites, most of them are introducing pay walls. Netarchive prefers IP-validation as access to the login content, but most of the News sites don’t want to give us IP-validation. They mostly give us an html login. Frankly spoken, we do not have the resources to maintain html logins.

Our archive has now 15 users, our wayback machine is up to date with the last broad crawl.
We have installed one stand-alone pc at SB for restricted wayback access to Netarchive data.

Best,
Sabine
SABINE SCHOSTAG
BIBLIOTEKAR - WEBKURATOR
DIREKTE 8946 2148
[cid:image001.png at 01CDF26D.D6D17260]STATSBIBLIOTEKET
VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C
CVR/SE 1010 0682 – EAN 579800079108